Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The Countdown Begins

A few weeks ago I started maternity leave.* I’ve still got about 6 weeks to go before my due date, but line cooking isn’t one of those jobs you want to do right up until you go into labor. Standing 11 hours straight, lifting heavy crap, trying to move quickly (ha!), trying not to sample the forbidden cheeses – no fun. I plan to go back in August or September but, until then, I’m spending my days lounging about on the couch gestating and thinking about my next meal.

This is what I’ve been looking forward to…



That’s right – only 8 more days until Shake Shack reopens. If you find yourself in line on March 21st behind a very pregnant woman with chunky ankles, stop and say hi!

*I use the term “maternity leave” pretty loosely here, I just kinda stopped working and will start up again at some point in the future, hopefully at the same restaurant. The culinary world doesn’t typically offer a law firm-style multi month maternity leave package. Then again, I no longer work for a firm full of humorless soul sucking bastards, so I'm still regret-free in the career change department.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

Oh, now THAT looks like a delicious burger. OK, I'll come back to NY :)

7:57 AM  
Blogger s'kat said...

I feel like there is some sort of burger-shaped hole in my life, with no hope for redemption... viva la shakeshack!

I can't believe you're almost there- bravo!!

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, this is really random but do ou happen to know of any asian food markets/stores in the upperwest side? thanks, katrina

9:46 PM  
Blogger Jeff in NC said...

OMG! I thought WE had all the humorless soul sucking bastards at the unnamed financial insitution for which I may or may not work.....!'

That looks damn good!!!

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home