Monday, January 15, 2007

Trust Me, I Deserve It

It’s been a nasty nasty week and a half here in the land of Raisinhater, and yesterday was my birthday, and today is my wedding anniversary, and it’s cold and rainy, and I’m pregnant. I say all this to justify the breakfast I made for myself today.



Yes, biscuits with sausage gravy.

I posted this recipe about a year ago, but reading about Mona’s breakfast at Egg started me thinking about it again. Irresistible. Almost delicious enough to wipe away the horrors of last week. Probably one more dose tomorrow and I'll be good as new.

Thank you all so much (on behalf of the whole Raisinhater family) for your good wishes and congratulations! Soon there will be quite a bit more posting and time to cook, as I'm starting maternity leave at the end of the month. It's a bit early, but the working as a line cook during my last few months of pregnancy sounds like a pretty bad idea. Instead I'll be going in to the restaurant occasionally to help out and spending lots of time at home playing around with food.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes beth, you do! we all do!!

2007 hasn't been all that great for me yet, either. nothing like what you've been through, don't get me wrong. I woke up on new years day with an annoying head cold that i could shake off for more than a week. and then the second it looked like i was gonna get better, i was then struck with an even more annoying and painful ear infection. i *think* it's on its way out now but damnit, it's taking forever. :P

i was treated to biscuits and gravy when i went to visit a friend down in Atlanta last fall. it's divine. you can even substitute w/ even veggie sausage and it *still* tastes quite awesome.

p.s. a random question: have you've ever ate at Les Halles on Park Avenue? can i actually get a table there without a reservation during the work week? just curious. . .

2:37 PM  
Blogger s'kat said...

Hmm, you have certainly earned such a relaxing, endorphin-inducing breakfast! I don't know that things will get better, but I'm pretty sure it will be more interesting. ;)

best,
s'kat

2:47 PM  
Blogger Jeff in NC said...

Woo! Happy Belated Birthday! And Happy Anniversary! Who said January is a boring month?! Certainly not in the Raisinhater household :)

I think any one of those on their own would make you deserving. Especially that pregnant thing. So treat yourself any time you want!

7:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy berfday beth! wish i was there to help celebrate. that looks and sounds delicious, brings forth to mind the words of a wiseman who once said in class, "numee numee numee (in my tummy tummy tummy)!"

side note to Sandra: i never had any probs getting in at Les Halles on Park Ave on a weeknight. You should be able to get in just fine unless you have a large party.

1:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home