Thursday, December 28, 2006

Dosa – The AntiChristmas

Take away the Figgy Pudding, I’ve had enough. After days of feasting on cheeses and cured meats, holiday cookies and sausage for breakfast, I can go no further down the holiday food path. I suspect that this will be the perfect antidote…



A Pondicherry Masala Dosa (and a samosa) from NY Dosas, the cart in Washington Square Park operated by the “Dosa Man,” Thiru Kumar. NY Dosas is no undercover secret spot; the cart has been a finalist in the Vendy Awards two years running. These vegan dosas are filling but not disgustingly so, and I’m convinced the extra spicy ones have curative health powers. Go. Eat. Feel better.

3 Comments:

Blogger s'kat said...

I know what you mean, it has been some rich, over-the-top eating 'round here... and I still have three more Big Nights through New Year's!!

Luckily, I had some sashimi for lunch, and we're checking out a Thai restaurant for dinner tonight.


ps- we finished our chicky livers experiment, although I have the feeling Dave is purposely leaving something out..

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum! I'd love a taste.

Paz

9:51 PM  
Blogger Backyard Chef said...

Ugh...I'm going to have to get into the gym, I'm afraid. The pounds don't stay away like they used to.

Happy new year! I hope you have a great one...

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home