This week, meh. I have very little to say about this week. At least very little hat doesn't sound like a whole bunch of complaining. Instead, here's a little tidbit of fascinating food wisdom I learned each day.Tuesday Night
– The carbonara I make at home will never taste as good as the one we make at work. None of my pastas ever will, mostly because I can’t bring myself to use half a stick of butter. If you use half a stick of butter at home, your pasta will taste exceptional and people will think you are a great cook. Wednesday Lunch
– Sometimes a lunch place that looks crappy and dingy on the outside isn’t an undiscovered treasure. It’s just a crappy dingy lunch place with tough and stringy meat on the sandwiches.Thursday Night
– Chicken sausage is just not that good. Even if all sorts of tasty and flavorful ingredients are added. Buy pork, the extra calories are worth it. Unless, of course, your whole foods is like mine and is going through another sausage crisis
. Fortunately I have plenty stockpiled in my parents' freezer from the last scare. Friday Night
– That pesto sauce I made and froze back in August was pretty damn good, and linguini with pesto is possibly the easiest dinner on earth. Next year I’m making and freezing 80 quarts of pesto.Saturday Night
– the Pastis Steak Sandwich
is still the best sandwich in this city, and one of the only foods that can mend the wounds of a terrible day at work. New discovery – if you order ice cream they include absolutely delicious little butter wafer things.
– I would eat my own arm if it were covered in the sauce that Jubilee Restaurant
puts on its Moules Provencales.This Morning
– Kashi 7 Whole Grain Nuggets are pretty much the same as Grape Nuts, with a less clever name.