Sunday, March 19, 2006

Breakfast of Champions

If you are a superfantabulous movie star in NY, here's your breakfast.



Yep, an omelet station. The omelet chef is somewhere inside that silver truck warming up, but if Meryl Streep were to stop by and require an omelet he’d be right there on the sidewalk whisking and flipping. Actually, Meryl Streep probably has an omelet fetcher who does the pickup and delivery – you rarely see superfantabulous movie stars hanging around the omelet station. Here’s a closeup at a very weird angle.



I walk past an omelet station a few times a week on my way to school. Sometimes there are big towers of muffins and pastries on the table too, along with carafes of coffee and tea in various flavors and states of caffination. I don’t normally have a criminal bent, but I often have to put my hands deep in my pockets to keep from snagging a muffin or a handful of cheese and making a run for it. There’s just something about stealing from the stars that doesn’t register on my moral compass. So if you don’t hear from me for a week or so, I’ve probably been arrested and am sitting in the big house nibbling on a handful of green peppers and cheese, or a chocolate chip corn muffin.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jeff in NC said...

An omelet station? On the street?? You gotta be kidding me! I need to become a superfantabulous move star....

If you need bail money, give Joe or I a call and we'll see what we can do. Maybe Joe can bake a cake with a file in it...or some knitting needles! Hand-knitted anklets all around! It will be the best-footed big house east of the Mississippi!

11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where was this? 5th ave near Washington Sq?

11:58 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

Mebeth, that is hilarious. Is that a HADDAD's truck I'm seeing? I've seen plenty of the crew trucks but I can't say I've ever seen an omelet station. Wow. And I totally hear you on the sticking your hands deeper in your pockets. I used to coach at Georgetown and I would always pass these buffets they'd have for conferences. My pockets weren't deep enough to keep my paws away:)

10:54 PM  
Blogger MeBeth said...

Jeff - I can make knitted ponchos for all the other inmates - just like Martha!

Gerald - It was actually on 23rd street and 7th avenue.

Mona - I was surprised the first time I saw it too, how fancy, no?

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! They sometimes have to put a sign on their station that the food is NOT for sale. hahaha!

I've actually suceeded in getting from from the Home Alone 2 station. I was younger and more adventurous then. ;-)

Paz

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home